MAGGIE & ROSE HONG KONG
Collection of information
The personal information we collect from you and your family may include:
- your and your family’s/spouse/partner’s name
- your address
- your email address
- your phone number
- your bank account details
You are not required to provide any of this information, but if you do not, we may not be able to provide you the requested services.
How is personal information used
We will use the personal information you provide to us to:
- provide you and your family with our services which you have signed up when becoming a member;
- marketing and promoting our services;
- recommend goods, services or promotions which may be of interest to you;
- develop our offers, events and classes to ensure that our services are as useful and enjoyable as possible;
- contact you; and
- send out email alerts you may have signed up for.
With whom is personal information shared
We may disclose you and your family’s personal information in the following ways:
- Sharing it with our group companies, particularly where your membership allows you to use more than one of our clubs.
We may disclose depersonalized data (such as aggregated statistics about our members and their families in order to describe our sales, members and other club information to prospective partners, investors and other reputable third parties and for other lawful purposes, but these statistics will include no personally identifying information.
We may occasionally be required by law, court order or governmental authority to disclose certain types of personal information. Examples of the type of situation where this would occur would be:
- In the administration of justice; or
- Where we have to defend ourselves legally.
Finally, in the event of a reorganization, sale or takeover we may need to disclose personal information.
The requirements of data protection laws
We regard the lawful and correct treatment of you and your family’s personal information by us as very important to our successful operation and to maintaining confidence between us and our members. We ensure that our organization treats personal information lawfully and correctly. To this end, we fully endorse and adhere to the ‘Data Protection Principles’ set out in the Personal Data (Privacy) Ordinance (Cap 486, Laws of Hong Kong).
- we will only collect sufficient personal information for the uses set out above;
- we will endeavor to keep you or your family’s personal information up-to-date;
- we will retain your and your family’s personal information unless required otherwise by law; and
We are committed to protecting the security of you and your family’s personal information. We use a variety of security technologies and procedures to help protect you and your family’s personal information from unauthorized access, use or disclosure.
For example, we store the personal information you provide on computer systems with limited access that are located in facilities to which access is limited.
Reviewing personal information
In some cases, you can review and correct personal information provided to us by contacting us directly at:
In all cases, you can make a subject access request to review you and your family’s personal information collected via our website or ask us to stop using it by contacting us at the above email address. We may take steps to verify your identity before providing you access to you or your family’s personal information and may request a small administrative fee of no more than HK$100.
You can help us to maintain the accuracy of you and your family’s personal information by notifying us of any change.
If you have questions regarding this policy or our handling of you or your family’s personal information, please contact us at the above email address. We will promptly address your concern and strive to reach a satisfactory resolution.
Last updated: 8 December 2018